It’s Frustratingly Rare to Find a Novel About Women That’s Not About Love - Kelsey McKinney - The Atlantic (via davidlynchshair)
There are no Jack Kerouacs or Holden Caulfields for girls. Literary girls don’t take road-trips to find themselves; they take trips to find men.
"Great" books, as defined by the Western canon, didn’t contain female protagonists I could admire. In fact, they barely contained female protagonists at all. "
(Source: oditor, via snapcracklenope)
Anonymous: It is not YOUR place to police a woman's body and sexuality and decide what she can do. My body is MINE and it is my right and my right ALONE to decide what to do with it. It is not your place to oppress women because YOU decide they are "immoral"
You’re responding to me ‘policing’ people pretending to be a ‘daddy’ and a ‘little girl’ and then having sex with each other.
- REAL ‘little girls’ get sexually assaulted and raped by their ‘daddy’s’ everyday - and you people have the hide to re-enact that.
- REAL ‘little girls’ do not get believed when this happens, and consequently have to live with the awful memory for the rest of their life - and you people have the hide to re-enact that.
- REAL ‘little girls’ are incapable of consenting, and THEIR BODIES are ACTUALLY irreparably policed by the thoughts of being terrorised, although you people RE-ENACT THAT.
- YOU are valuing and prioritising your orgasms over the REAL victims, and the REAL abuse that happens EVERY DAY - and that is the REAL oppressing matter, THAT MATTERS.
- I could not give a fuck what you do with your body, but the moment you (and many other people like you) glorify the terrible atrocity that is pedophilia, it is beyond just ‘you’ and ‘your body’ and ‘your daddy’ - it is then a moral problem that should not be normalized, because sexualising the innocence of children being destroyed by their own fathers is NOT something you get to promote.
- I am sick and fucking tired of you people using the father/daughter relationship to gain orgasms. I’m sick of you people then saying ‘when we say ‘little’ and ‘daddy’ we aren’t actually talking about father/daughter’. WELL YES YOU ARE. You have exploited a disastrous situation and made it sexy. That is exactly what you have done! You cannot honestly say that when people in this fucked up phenomenon wear diapers, draw in colouring books, get called ‘little girls’, wear conventional gendered clothing made specifically for female children - and have a ‘daddy’ (I really don’t feel like I have to explain it’s another word for ‘father) who takes on conventional fatherly roles - AND THEN THEY HAVE SEX WITH EACH OTHER - and then say ‘it’s not the same as pedophilia’ WELL YES IT IS.
- It would be like if you both wore blackface and then had ‘black’ sex. Or if one of you decided to pretend to be disabled and you had ‘disabled’ sex. That would be exactly what you’re trying to do - replicate another form of something. EXCEPT, this is not racism or ableism - it’s glorifying pedophilia; and that’s SICK.
- You do not live in a fantasy world free of morality - what you do in your sex life reflects you as a person; in the exact same way a pedophile isn’t just a pedophile when they’re raping a child - they’re a pedophile always. A murderer isn’t just a murderer when they’re killing people, a racist isn’t just a racist when they’re yelling racial slurs, and a misogynist isn’t just a misogynist when they’re bashing/hating women. They are ALWAYS those things.
" When someone works for less pay than she can live on — when, for example, she goes hungry so that you can eat more cheaply and conveniently — then she has made a great sacrifice for you, she has made you a gift of some part of her abilities, her health, and her life. The ‘working poor,’ as they are approvingly termed, are in fact the major philanthropists of our society. They neglect their own children so that the children of others will be cared for; they live in substandard housing so that other homes will be shiny and perfect; they endure privation so that inflation will be low and stock prices high. To be a member of the working poor is to be an anonymous donor, a nameless benefactor, to everyone else. "
― Barbara Ehrenreich, Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America. (via howtobeterrell)
its really important for men to stand up to other men who say terrible and sexist shit
because sexist men dont listen to what women have to say
literally the most important thing men can do if they want to call themselves feminist allies
unpopular opinion: I’m not keen on pugs, they unnerve me
there I said it
" If I write what I feel, it’s to reduce the fever of feeling. "
Pessoa, Fernando. The Book of Disquiet. (via wordsnquotes)
OMEGA RUBY GIVEAWAY!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!
I will be giving away a free copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby. I will be pre-ordering both copies and i’ll keep Alpha Sapphire for myself.
1. If you are under the age of 18 please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission
2. Reblog as much as you want
3. DO NOT SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS UNLESS I’VE SPECIFICALLY CHOSEN YOU AS THE WINNER
4. THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN USING A RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR
5. SORRY, THIS GIVEAWAY IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE IN NORTH AMERICA BECAUSE IM PRETTY SURE THE GAME IS REGION LOCKED
6. You do NOT have to be following me but you can check out my blog and follow me if you think i’m rad.
7. This Giveaway ends NOVEMBER 15 2014
message me for questions and stuff, oh and have fun
If ever there was someone to keep me at home
it would be you
by Johannes Huwe
" When did loving yourself
(160/365) by (DS)
become so rare, that it’s
revolutionary to do so? "